Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which he has given you.
This project was established in 2014 to assist the seminary with general operating expenses and special projects, which will help to enhance the educational experience of our seminarians.
Before we began to focus our development efforts on our seminarians in 2007, we only had a hand full of seminarians. Until recently, our last ordination was in 1992. Today, we are working with 32 seminarians, who will work in one of our ministries when they finish their studies.
We continue to grow our formation program. We attend numerous vocation events and host our own vocation events in our current institutions. We have expanded our advertisements and communications to the social media. Attraction of new candidates to our formation program is a top priority.
In 2013, we purchased our own House of Formation in Ponce, PR. The Piarist Seminary of Father Jose Mateo serves as a residence for our men, who are studying philosophy and education at the Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico.
In 2015, we completed construction of Casa Calasanz, our House of Formation in Miami. This house serves as a residence for our pre-novices.
- The seminary currently houses 6 seminarians and 2 priests
- In this phase of formation, our seminarians work on philosophy and education degrees
- Seminarians attend the Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico
- Yearly budget for the seminary is approximately $145,000
- The bedrooms in the seminary are not currently air conditioned
- Renovations for the library and a recreation room are currently being explored