Hearts and Hands Together
The Guatemala Mission is a project of the three Piarist demarcations in North America: Mexico, California and the United States and Puerto Rico. The purpose is to establish a Piarist mission in that nation.
We are very happy to report that local bishops in Guatemala have given us permission to proceed.
START OF SCHOOLS GUATEMALA
Our Order has established its first community in Guatemala, in the Archdiocese of Los Altos Quetzaltenango.
It is a community that stands as a General House, and is the result of the missionary will of three demarcations, which jointly assume this new school presence: USA-Puerto Rico, Mexico and Californias.
With the agreement of the Archbishop of Los Altos Quetzaltenango, Mons. Mario Alberto Molina, our community will assume the parish ′′ Santiago Apostle ′′ of Huitan and Cabrican, as well as the two parish schools attached to that parish.
Let us pray for this new foundation of the Pious Schools.
- To serve the Local Church with our charism of “evangelizing by educating and educating by evangelizing.”
- To inculturate the Gospel through our specific way of being Piarists.
- To help awaken, welcome, accompany and form Piarist vocations among young people.
- To live and serve in a participatory spirit with our Piarist brothers from other demarcations.
- To establish the Piarists in Guatemala, which is in need of teaching religious orders.
- To provide our young seminarians studying in Mexico with missionary experience during their initial formation process.