With the permission of the Archbishop of Los Altos Quetzaltenango, Mons. Mario Alberto Molina, our community will assume the parish ′′ Santiago Apostle ′′ of Huitan and Cabrican, as well as the two parish schools attached to that parish.
Our current projects include:
- Replacement of aluminum ceilings in 3 classrooms in the Huitan School. During the rainy season, the noise from the rain off of the aluminum ceiling is too loud to conduct any classes. The aluminum would be replaced with wood. The cost of this project is approximately $2,000.
- Addition of one classroom in the Huitan School. A structure is currently available and needs some revisions including a wood ceiling and wood walls to enclose the classroom to complete this project. The cost of this project is approximately $2,000.
- The Cabrican School has a multipurpose athletic compound which needs to have the foundation secured with new cement and the addition of a metal ceiling to allow the facility to be used in all weather conditions. The estimated cost of the project is $55,000.
- The Cabrican School is looking to enclose the school with secure walls for the protection of the students and the property. The estimated cost to complete this project is $22,000.
- To serve the Local Church with our charism of “evangelizing by educating and educating by evangelizing.”
- To inculturate the Gospel through our specific way of being Piarists.
- To help awaken, welcome, accompany and form Piarist vocations among young people.
- To live and serve in a participatory spirit with our Piarist brothers from other demarcations.
- To establish the Piarists in Guatemala, which is in need of teaching religious orders.
- To provide our young seminarians studying in Mexico with missionary experience during their initial formation process.