Hearts and Hands Together
"I have showed you all things, how that so laboring you ought to support the weak,
and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive."
As Piarist priests, who take a vow of poverty, we work in a relatively small Province. We are blessed to see our religious order grow and to have so many young men express an interest in a Piarist vocation. However, as a Province, we cannot cover the expenses of our various ministries and our growing seminarian population without the generous support of our benefactors. It is through the financial partnership of our benefactors that a strong and continued Piarist presence in our schools, parishes and missions will continue and flourish.
- Currently 14 seminarians
- Majority of seminarians come from difficult economic and educational backgrounds
- Average cost for one seminarian is $15,000 per year
- Average time from start to ordination is 10 years
- 1.7 million dollars is the approximate cost for 18 seminarians
- Seminarian expenses account for more than 50% of our budge